Saturday, September 5, 2015

Service Recommendations in the Phoenix Area

I have lived in the Phoenix, AZ area for the past 2 years, and in that time, I have developed a fairly reliable list of people and businesses that I return to for services like auto repair, haircuts, etc. I found a lot of them through my own searches and filtering through Yelp reviews and the like, and a few others were found through Groupon. I have only listed those businesses that I personally have visited, liked, and would recommend to a friend. Please enjoy this list below, and if you decide to visit them, feel free to drop my name! Note that I will occasionally add new services to the list, so check back once in a while, and let me know if these suggestions help!

1. Hair Stylist
Monika Hernandez, Ruffled Feathers Salon - Chandler, AZ
480-466-6518
www.ruffledfeathersstudio.webs.com
I went through several hairdressers before finding Monika, so I paid my dues. She is very skilled and always seems to know exactly what I want and makes it happen. Plus, her prices are reasonable enough that I can afford to visit her regularly! She does book up about 3 weeks in advance though, so you have to plan ahead. She occasionally has Groupon deals, but really, her prices are reasonable enough without it. She may even honor the Groupon price upon request.

2. Nail care
teres - a nail bar
https://teresnailbar.com/
I liked my old nail salon just fine, but the last time I went there, they hurried me more than I wanted. I don't have time to get my nails done all the time, so when I do, I want to relax and have a leisurely experience. Plus, I've been getting tired of miming all of my questions. So I searched for a long time and finally stumbled upon teres. When I walked in for the first time, I was delighted to see that it wasn't like a typical nail salon with standard massage chairs and magazines. It has a rustic chic feel that is very classy (apparently the owner's mother is an interior decorator and it shows) The thing that drew me initially was the a la carte style of services. I started with a standard pedicure and then added an extra 5-minute massage (in addition to the one already included), a masque, whipped shea butter treatment, and an herbal detox addition to my soaking water of green tea and rosemary. I had a lovely conversation with my nail technician and she ended up spending an entire hour with me, which was a lot better than my last pedicure! I'll be back for sure.

3. Auto Care
We-Fix-It Auto Repair - Scottsdale, AZ
480-990-7729
www.wefixitautorepair.com
I found this place by sifting through tons and tons of online reviews. The proprietor, Andreas, is great, and he works hard to keep up customer satisfaction and loyalty. I get my oil changes here and while they only do oil changes in the mornings, the lobby is clean, bright, and has a Keurig. Note that if you get any larger repairs done there, they mark up the parts double the retail price. But they are okay with you buying the part on your own and bringing it in. I don't think they like it, but that's what I did. Their labor costs are just fine and they are very honest with the condition of various parts and whether or not they need to be replaced.

4. Teeth Whitening
Radiant Smile - Tempe, AZ
480-848-8044
www.radiantsmileaz.com
This place offers groupons, but they will honor the groupon price either way. It's in a nice little office complex with plenty of space inside, though I was the only one there at the time. I was able to get an appointment the same day, which was a major bonus. The guy who helped me was great, he was very friendly and explained how everything was going to go. It was a relaxing 30 minutes, and you have an option either before or after to upgrade to the next whitening level. They also sell whitening toothpaste and mouthwash. Compared to other teeth whitening places on Groupon, this one might be a smidge more expensive...but it's worth it.

5. Esthetician (Waxing)
Berry Berry Beauty
602-628-2633
www.berryberrybeauty.com
Another place I found on Groupon, she is a great esthetician with that rare touch to remove everything with minimal pain. She also honored my Groupon price for the second visit, which was awesome. I really enjoy visiting with her as well, and the salon, which is within Sachi Salon Spa, is very comfortable.

6. Walmart - Scottsdale, AZ
4915 N. Pima Road
The best Walmart in the Phoenix area is the one on Chaparral and Pima in Scottsdale. I regularly drive 20 minutes out of my way to go to this one instead of the ones closer to me. It is always empty, plenty of check stands open, fully stocked, has baskets instead of just carts, and all of the employees are friendly. None of those qualities are found in the Walmarts near me. Note that this one is located geographically on the Salt River Reservation, so it does not carry alcohol. Possibly a reason why it's such a fantastic Walmart.

7. Water Delivery
Ready Refresh (formerly known as Arrowhead Water Delivery)
www.readyrefresh.com
So anyone who has lived in the Phoenix area for a day knows that the tap water does not taste great. For me, coming from the Pacific Northwest, land of crisp mountain spring water, Phoenix water just tastes awful. So my first order of business when I moved here was securing a regular water delivery service. There are a lot of options in the Phoenix area, but most of them simply offer distilled tap water. I can practically get the same thing with a Brita. Ready Refresh offers Arrowhead Spring Water, which tastes much better to me. They usually offer substantial discounts and freebies for the first order, and they offer a water cooler for a monthly rental fee. The delivery guys are really nice, and every time I call customer service, it's a good experience. Can't ask for much more from my water delivery service.

8. Car Detailing
Shine Works Detailing and Wash
480-588-7072
www.shineworksaz.com
I chose this place because they offered mobile detailing at the same pricing as other detailing places, and I wasn't disappointed. The mobile detail is incredibly convenient as they can come to my house, and appointments within a week are easy to obtain. The two men who operate the business are nice, courteous guys, and they take a lot of pride in their business. My car was spotless and they managed to get out a large stain that I thought would never get removed! On their next visit, I got a mini-detail but it seemed just as good as a full detail. I highly recommend them.

9. Massage
Sonoran Serenity Spa - Tempe, AZ
480-772-3297
www.sonoranserenityspa.com
I found this place through Groupon and really enjoyed my massage. Kiera was my massage therapist, and she did a great job. This spa has two massage therapists, so you have the choice of a really deep massage from the male LMT, or a relaxing, lighter touch from Kiera. They are moving to a newer, better location, so I can't review the location, but everything else was great.


10. Chiropractic Care
The Joint - Tempe, AZ
480-448-1206
www.thejoint.com
I am terrible with appointments. Making them, keeping them, being on time for them, you name it. I also don't have insurance that includes chiropractic care. So imagine my relief when I discovered a chiropractor that accepts walk-ins at a reasonable price. Actually, The Joint ONLY accepts walk-ins. They don't schedule appointments, which is great because most adjustments only take like 10 minutes anyway. So even if there are other people who arrived before you, I think the maximum I've ever waited was like 15 minutes. The Joint has multiple locations across the Valley and you can either pay individually for a single adjustment (usually the first one is discounted), or you can buy monthly packages where you get a certain number of adjustments for a monthly fee that ends up being about half price per adjustment. They have good hours and multiple chiropractors, and the receptionists are all very efficient and friendly. If you need regular adjustments but don't have insurance, The Joint is a great option.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm looking for blogs related to Chiropractic like my Renu Health, LLC and I stumbled at your section, nice blog!. I hope you will include me in your blogroll, as well.

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete